A slice of a crisp, sweet tart is the perfect end to a meal – or mid-meal indulgence, so why not learn how to make a light, sweet shortcrust base with Chef Millie Simpson.
This half-day class will walk participants through the creation of four classic puddings. Shortcrust pastry is often thought of as one of the trickier of pastries to get right; it can be too hard, too crumbly or you can end up with the dreaded ‘soggy bottom’. Chef Millie Simpson will show you the tricks to ensure that your pastry has just the right balance between crumbliness and firmness and just a hint of sweetness to match the indulgent fillings that will be demonstrated.
Attendees will come away with four desserts that can be shared later at home with friends.
What will you learn:
- Seasonal fruit tart with shortcrust pastry and Almond Frangipane
- A classic millefeuille from scratch
- Crème patissiere
- Bitter chocolate fondant
Included in this course:
- Welcome Coffee and Tea
- Ingredients for different tarts
- The recipe pack from the day
- A Sauce by The Langham apron, cloth and tote bag
Timings: 9:15am – 2:00pm
Age: The minimum age required to take this class is 18 years.
- Class timings are subject to change.
- Bookings for this class close 48 hours in advance.
- The above are only a sample of puddings and we reserve the right to change the dishes.