5 egg yolks
150g caster sugar
350ml double cream
5 egg whites
75g caster sugar
100g leftover Christmas pudding/Christmas pudding pieces
50g Griotine cherries
Spiced Crumble or Amaretti biscuits to serve
- Whip the egg yolks together with the caster sugar over a pan of simmering water until light and fluffy – set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold gently into the cooled egg yolk mixture
- Make a French meringue by whipping the egg whites and adding the caster sugar gradually, until you have a firm, shiny, meringue
- Beat 1/3 of the cream into the egg mixture, along with the broken up Christmas pudding pieces
- Gently fold in the rest of the meringue
- Set into the desired mould and place into the freezer for at least 4 hours
- To prepare the cherries; drain them from the syrup, place the syrup into a pan and reduce until thick and syrupy.
- Add the cherries back to the syrup while still hot.
- For the crumble, simply take some of the biscuits and crumble them up – but not too fine!
- When ready to serve you can either; warm the moulds slightly with a little hot water before turning out the parfait or if you set the parfait as a whole, remove from the mould and cut into desired portions.
- Place your portion of parfait on the plate, spoon some of the warm cherries over along with some of the sticky, boozy syrup. Sprinkle over the crumb and serve immediately.